Time To Take The Cyanide Pill


Friday, July 22, 2005

Indication # 8,674,094 that I am a very, very bad person

I fell asleep last night with the TV on and when I awoke this morning Montel Williams was on. (See how I set that up so the people on the internets don't think I watch that stuff on purpose?)

Well, today on Montel there was a gut wrenching story about a young woman in the prime of her life, who was accidentally shot by some drunk asshole playing with a revolver in the apartment next door to her. The bullet came through the wall and hit her in the spine, paralyzing her from the waist down. Sad right?

Montel goes on to discuss how this has affected her life. The poor, paralyzed young woman offered up some life affirming statement about Jesus and also about her new husband. She goes on the explain that a year after this terrible tragedy, she was married. Cue the montage of her in a white gown, being carried down the aisle by her glowing groom.

And you know what? My first thought was not, "What a strong person for being able to carry on her life and find happiness". Oh, no. My first thought was "This woman was able to find a man willing to commit to a lifetime of changing her colostomy bag and I can't even scrounge up a date for my best friend's wedding. That's just fucking great".

A very, very bad person indeed.

Posted by LMM14_1 :: 11:18 PM :: 1 Comments:

Post or Read Comments

***********************************************************************************************