Time To Take The Cyanide Pill


Saturday, December 04, 2004

It's All Right Ma (I'm Only Cynical)...

So there's been yet another comment on how bitter and cynical I sound here, but this one came from my mother, who asked me why I don't write about "happy sunshine things". I didn't want to tell her it's because I'm single, broke, almost 30, living in a shoebox studio in a cesspool city in a right-wing country and on a war torn planet which is adrift in a cold and indifferent universe.
That would just make her feel bad...

So, I thought I'd dedicate this post to the sweeter things in life: the feel of warm sand under my feet, cuddling, and a newborn baby's smil- ughh...I'm pretty sure I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Sorry mom, I just can't do it. But, as a tribute to your chipper nature and that "glass is half full" outlook which I simply did not inherit, I will make it a weekly habit to post something of redeeming social value. I will also try to not use the words vomit, asshole, idiot, or fuck (at least not as a verb).

But fuck it- I'm not starting that until tomorrow.




Posted by LMM14_1 :: 12:52 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post or Read Comments

***********************************************************************************************