Time To Take The Cyanide Pill


Monday, December 20, 2004

Field Trip

So, I finally had occasion to visit Williamsburg, the hipster haven across the river. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. While I did see some irreverently angled haircuts and a few ironic t-shirts, no one slinked out from a dark corner to quiz me on the discography of obscure punk bands. But, from what I understand, I was on the outskirts rather than in the vortex of hisperdom. I mean, I didn't even get to roll my eyes at anything. Hmmm......maybe next time I'll get to have that deep conversation about subtitled films that are fraught, simply fraught with social significance.

Overall it was a good time and I enjoyed being there, but something about the whole experience made me want to come home and conspicuously consume commercial goods & services.

Posted by LMM14_1 :: 3:30 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post or Read Comments

***********************************************************************************************