Time To Take The Cyanide Pill


Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Everybody's a Critic

You know how in movies and TV shows about New York it seem like every single gal has a gay best friend who helps her pick out shoes and outfits all while tossing out pithy statements about, "boys, boys, boys"?

Yeah- well I don't have one of those. I do, however, have a new fashion consultant. Today when I was walking into the office the Mexican construction worker who so liked my outfit last week gave me only a perfunctory, "Hey mami. How you doin?". No moaning, no crotch grabbing. I have to say- I'm a little put out. Perhaps I should have gone with the taupe camisole under this jacket? Let's see what he thinks of my new knee high boots tomorrow.

PS- This is perhaps the most wonderful thing I have ever seen in my entire life. A complete list of words made up by the Simpsons, defined, with both the episode listed and cross referenced with anything that may have contributed to the etymology of the Simpson word. Example:
Skittlebrau
Skittlebrau (or Skittlebräu) is a type of beverage that looks like beer with candy floating in it. It is implied that Homer imagined it by mixing Skittles and beer (brew in German is bräu) in "Bart Star". However, later episodes show Skittlebrau as an actual product being sold at the 33 cent store. Another episode shows Homer asking Apu for some at the Kwik-E-Mart, only for Apu to tell him that it does not exist. It is assumed the combination derives from the known phrase "Life is not all beer and skittles" from E. Cobham Brewer. In addition, it may be derived from a odd regional penchant in various enclaves around the USA (parts of the Midwest and South) for combining M&Ms or peanuts and cola.

This joke ireminiscentnt of a previous gag on the Simpsons where Homer declares that he is a white male between 18-49 and "everyone listens to him," as he pops open a can of Nuts & Gum (Together at Last!).



PPS- The fact that something like this exists gives me more pleasure and satisfaction than any man in my life possibly could.

PPPS- Perhaps this is why there is no man in my life.

PPPPS- Oh yeah, I wasn't going to talk about that anymore.

PPPPPS- People realizing very late in the game that Bush is a total moron. I mean 39%? If he doesn't get his shit together soon I'm going to have to lend him my monkey on life support, who could certainly do a better job at running this country into the ground.

That is all.

Posted by LMM14_1 :: 8:12 PM :: 4 Comments:

Post or Read Comments

***********************************************************************************************