Time To Take The Cyanide Pill


Tuesday, November 22, 2005

How Many Bloggers Does it Take to Tie on a Buzz?


Well, apparently it takes 4 of us (Kevin,CW, Ryan and Yukiko and me). And tie one on we did. And so it was: Blogger Khaaaaaan '05.


Please note: all of this began in a bar that was having something called Free Turkey Night. I shit you not- this little Irish pub on the Upper East Side in which I assumed Free Turkey Night meant that you could order a slice of turkey gratis with your meal. Oh no. There was a big fat fucking turkey in the middle of the bar with a giant knife stuck in it. And people would casually walk up to the big fat fucking turkey and hack themselves off a slice. I'd like to say that we, collectively, were not those people. I'd also like to say that we didn't make a toast with the turkey we'd hacked off.....but hey, I'm a drunk- not a liar. I'm also, apparently, a total tool. Whatever- when life puts a big fat fucking free turkey in your face you hack yourself off a slice. I dare anyone reading this to say different.

Speaking of being dorks- we all kinda geeked out for a while and talked about our blogs, our servers, and migrating to moveable type. Yeah- between that and the toasting with turkey it's clear that the title of the "cool kids in the parking lot" was so totally ours. But then the booze began to flow and the conversation turned to sex, drugs and movie quotes. (Why do my conversations always turn to these things? Is it me or does this happen to everyone?)

The conversation then turned back to the blogosphere and some others on our rolls who couldn't be there for blogger khaaaaann. This quickly deteriorated into an homage to Charlie and Scarlett over at Karmic Irony and resulted in me having a picture taken of the name of their blog written in Japanese on a napkin and stuck to my cleavage. Even I have enough class to not post this here but, Charlie, Scarlett- say the word and this can appear in your inbox.

Between this and the round of Kitchen Sink Leg Spreader shots I ordered for everyone I really feel as though I did a good job proving to both the world and my fellow bloggers that I am indeed every bit as obnoxious in real life as I appear on these here internets. Yea me.

Overall I had a blast and can't wait for Blogger Khaaaan 06. I'll bring the turkey.

Who's with me? I saiiiid, "Who's with me?"....

Posted by LMM14_1 :: 1:31 AM :: 7 Comments:

Post or Read Comments

***********************************************************************************************